Bozeman American Legion Baseball Field hosts a number of youth camps, high school baseball and softball games each year. With the field’s existing HID lights aging, on-field visibility and the overall experience for players and spectators had started to suffer. Facility owners decided to upgrade with an LED retrofit, but needed a manufacturer that could design a custom system for Legion Field’s unique dimensions and pole placements, and complete installation in time for the start of the upcoming season. They chose Musco and its Total Light Control—TLC for LED® system.
- Legion Field gained higher light levels and improved visibility with 50 footcandles in the infield and 30 in the outfield delivered in a more uniform manner throughout the playing areas.
- The new system was able to overcome a number of installation and light application challenges, including larger than normal foul territory and existing poles in difficult locations.
- The Bozeman community had their new lighting in time for the season, as a result of Musco’s project managers guiding the installation process through a short timeframe.
- Project costs were reduced for facility owners by retrofitting the TLC for LED system with new structural cross arms onto the existing poles.
- Bozeman American Legion won’t pay any maintenance costs through the year 2029 with Musco’s long-term warranty covering every part of the system and all labor.